maandag 24 maart 2008

And the reason is...

Via de fijne site Last.fm herontdekte ik een tijdje geleden het groepje Hoobastank. 'The reason' (2003) klonk me erg vertrouwd in de oren. Een mooie popsong met een tekst zoals een tekst van een goeie popsong hoort te zijn: je moet het gevoel hebben dat de tekst voor jou is geschreven. "I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do. But I continue learning..., I never meant to do those things to you. And so I have to say before I go: that I just want you to know, I've found out a reason for me to change who I used to be; a reason to start over new, and the reason is you. I'm sorry that I hurt you. It's something I must live with everyday. And all the pain I put you through, I wish that I could take it all away, and be the one who catches all your tears..." enzovoort natuurlijk. Mooi toch. Hun CD 'The Reason' (2003) is erg de moeite waard, maar zeker ook 'Every man for himself' (2006) en 'Hoobastank' (2001) moeten 'in de pod'.

Geen opmerkingen: